Why Sport is Important to Health and Life Development
Why Sport is so important to Health and Life Development
Sport, Health and Life Development are interrelated and integral to each other. The activity of sport, in a general sense, leads to better health which in turn leads to increased opportunities for life development and success.
Sport is so important to your health and development as:
- It builds confidence in yourself
- It allows you to participate in a team environment to achieve goals
- It improves your physical and mental wellbeing
- It helps teach leadership skills, dedication and how to overcome adversity and difficult situations.
- It creates a positive environment and boosts self-esteem through doing, actions and achievement.
- The physical exertion of sport can improve your mental concertation in academic areas of life
- It helps develop social skills to improve your social life
Sport has numerous flow-on effects on your health. Studies have shown that actively participating n sport:
- Improves ability to monitor and lose weight ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3925973/ )
- Lowers cholesterol ( Mayo Clinic )
- Reduces stress and anxiety ( Beyondblue )
- Increase bone density and strength (How Exercise Helps Strengthen Your Bones and Avoid Osteoporosis
We at www.fightadversity.com.au strongly believe that everyone should participate in a sport at some level as the evidence suggest it has a positive effect on your overall health and well being.